Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some Good News!



I was up at the lake for the day yesterday. It turned out to be a very nice fall day despite the forecast. It was also really quiet. There was no one else at our end of the lake. I chopped some wood, packed up our tent for the season, did a little fishing from the dock (no luck) and finally tried out the hammock Barb bought me for Father's Day. I had stored the string hammock we bought in Mexico in the outhouse since last year and when I opened it a few weeks ago I found that mice had chewed huge holes in it. I'm happy to report the new one works just fine.

Speaking of good news, there are encouraging developments on two fronts of the cottage project:
The foundation is now completely finished and looks great. Have a look:









And I dropped in on Brian, the Secretary of the Property Owners Association, for an update on the bridge situation.


The engineer came to do an inspection yesterday morning and has made specific recommendations for repairs. It seems it should be within the Association's budget but we'll know more on Wednesday when an estimate is expected from a contractor. Both the engineer and the contractor are friends of one of the other property owners and are keen to help. Even better, this contractor might be able to do the work Oct 1st to 3rd, the week before the cottage is to be delivered.


Finally, I wasn't the only one who seemed to think he was alone at our end of the lake yesterday. To reward you for checking in on my blog, I thought I'd share this picture that I took using my telephoto lens of one of our neighbours going for a swim with no clothes on. Those of you who secretly, or not so secretly, appreciate wild and crazy living may be comfortable scrolling down. For others, you may want to stop right here, unless your curiosity is too much to BARE...
































































Wild and Crazy


No comments: