Monday, September 26, 2011

It's September, time for the Guy's Weekend (Man's Spa II)

It's like Weekend at Bernie's only better. And the host is a little more lively.



First, Bill again had us all sign The Oath. You know the one, the one that commits everyone to not tell anybody what happens that goes "What happens at __________ stays at  ______________".  It's of course intended to leave the impression that  really exciting and dangerous and outrageous things happened, and sometimes, but not often, that's exactly the case.

I'm not exagerating when I tell you that this was one of those rare occasions when the hype of the oath is actually warranted. 

Fortunately, one of the funniest exchanges of the weekend came before we even arrived, so I can tell you that much. Driving in on the dirt road, John  says over his shoulder to Tim in the back seat: " How's your mum?" Tim replies: "Actually, right now I've got hemaroids".

Of course I can't tell you what happened after that, but the Oath doesn't say I can't give any hints. Haha.

Here's a few hints: Beau's, chili, skull, Supertramp, dock, paddle, mist, fire, Mill Steet, Sleiman, Boddington's.  I think you can figure most of it out from there.

And here are a few numbers for the statisticians:

pounds of food consumed in 28 hours: 41

number of guys who made it this year: 7

number of guys who loved Gina's chili: 7

number of guys woken at some point by someone else snoring: 7

canoes and kayaks to carry us and our supplies to Skull Island: 4

number of times Alain said "I have to go check out  the dock": 22

number of Christine's fabulous chocolate chip cookies thoroughly enjoyed by the host: lost count.

number of guys brave(?) enough to go swimming :1

total cost for the weekend: priceless

I wish I could tell you more but I fear I have come perilously close to violating the oath already. so you\ll just have to make due with that, at least for this year.


John tends to the fire as Emad reads the Financial Times.
Meanwhile, Alain sits ready for the tsunami off the lake.  Exciting, Dangerous and Outrageous. You decide which is which. Sadly, that Oath prevents me from telling you what happened next!

No comments: