Sunday, September 25, 2011

Highlights of Summer 2011

There have been many great times at the lake in 2011, and it's not over yet.

Here are some of the highlightsto date.


Greg learning traditional culinary arts from the best
I wonder where he learned to hold a knife like that?




Laura, Greg, Barb, Shadow and I spent three wonderful days at the lake in early August,  when the weather was at it's best and the bug population had faded.   Saturday was a gorgeous day we spent on the water destination what I call the Hidden Bay behind the North Beach - we couldn't find it - hence the name.  We did find a couple of bays but I'm not sure if they included the Hidden Bay. Anyway, we stopped for a dip at the North beach before the arduous paddle against the wind back to the cottage.  Greg and I made veggie quesedillas and  stuffed sweet potatoes for supper.  We really got into playing scrabble for the first time this summer. Otherwise, I'm thinking about buying a second hammock as it appears Greg and other guests have caught on to my simple yet exquisite relaxation technique: S.B.H. - Swim - Beer - Hammock.  On good days you might even get to enjoy a S.B.H.N.B, Swim - Beer - Hammock - No Bugs!

Other highlights included a weekend with Alain and Christine and another hosting Mark, Brenda and Melissa. We had a nice tour of the lake in the boats with Al and Christine. Alain set the all time record for most time spent swimming, or at least bobbing in the water.  Mark helped me land the biggest fish I have caught at the cottage to date, a large bass reeled in on my first cast after dinner.  He ran down from the cottage and held it up as Brenda aproached with the camera. Unbeknownst to us though this fish was camera shy as he kicked hard, slipped from Mark's grip right into the water before we could say cheese. Well, at least I have two witnesses, aside from the fish.

Also, on Labour Day weekend we hosted the second annual family reunion. It was a nice relaxing day of board games, kayaking and good food.

No comments: